Dear music lover,
Celebrate Mother’s Day with Christina Martin! COVID-19 has forced the cancellation of pretty much all traditional events this spring (including, sadly, our shows with Royal Wood and Lynne Hanson) but Christina Martin is committed to sharing some songs and stories with you on May 10 in a special live stream concert that will remind us all that It’ll Be Alright…..
Christina and Dale will perform a one hour house show on Facebook Live beginning at 4 pm on Sunday, May 10: Link
Previously purchased ticket holders can opt to donate their ticket money to the artist or request a full-refund (contact me).
WAYS TO SUPPORT THE ARTIST
This event is FREE, but if you want to support the artists here are options:
• TIPS ON TOUR (Christina will ship you a postcard): https://www.paypal.com/paypalme2/xtinamartin
• SUPPORT CHRISTINA ON PATREON: https://www.patreon.com/ChristinaMartin
• BUY MERCH – Bandcamp: https://www.christinamartin.net/shop
• E-transfer – email@example.com
One of our favourite humans, Christina Martin is a multi-award winning Canadian singer-songwriter whose style has been described as an effortless union between Americana and Rock. “With her vivacious personality, brightly sparkling voice and unerring love of hooky choruses and peppy rhythms, Christina Martin should’ve easily slid into the cool waters of modern pop—if only pop hadn’t become a pimp for our shallowest tastes and sentiments.” (Edmonton’s Vue Weekly).
Things you should know about Christina:
– has lived in Austin, Texas
– her debut album ‘Pretty Things’ is a pretty thing
– has had songs featured in the award-winning British-Canadian two-part drama Sex Traffic (2004) and CBC’s Heartland (2012,2015)
– songs from her second album Two Hearts were much loved by my now departed mother
– has had many ECMA nominations. Music NS Award nominations etc etc.
– has met the Queen of England
– has a huge fan base in Germany and the Netherlands
– has her own label: Come Undone Records
– has been a huge supporter of community-based projects, including Geriatric Medicine Research and Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
– is the most authentic and hardest working musician you will ever meet
– her sixth studio album “Impossible To Hold” (a perfect balance between organic ambience and impeccable production, where music and poetry meet) won the 2018 Music Nova Scotia Award for Pop Recording of the Year
– her newly released album, “Wonderful Lie” finds Christina wading effortlessly into the roots rock and Americana sound pool. Among the album’s ten songs, four stand stellar as original Martin compositions.
For all shows the artists take the “door” or the “tip-jar”. Normally, we provide snacks but for this show, you are on your own! I will happily share recipes, ideas and inspiration if requested ….our BYOB policy works as per usual.
Please invite your music-loving-friends and family members (from anywhere) to watch and contribute on Facebook live.
Best and stay safe,
Monique & George
Patchwork House Concerts
30 First Ave., Bedford
Follow us on twitter & Instagram @PatchworkHConc
Like us on Facebook.com/PatchworkHouseConcerts